The Indian Private Ports & Terminals Association (IPPTA) , set up in January 2003 and registered as a not-for-profit industry body, under the Indian Societies Act,1980 and the Bombay Public Trusts Act,1950, was established with the vision;
“To be the apex association which will play a pivotal role in the Indian maritime industry by facilitating the development of a modern and vibrant port sector through the promotion of private ports and terminals which will co-exist and compete with state owned ports in a dynamic, healthy and level environment.”
And the following objectives;
- To develop a strong business network to assist one another
- To promote best practices amongst members
- To liaise and interact with various govt. Bodies, statutory and legal entities to ensure tangible and non-tangible infrastructure is available to achieve the set goals
- To interact with various agencies organisations to ensure that the combined voice of the association is heard, leading to better efficiency for trade.
- To set up safety and related standards and take up programmes for protection of environment.